Modifying Your Custody And Support Orders

After a divorce, everyone involved begins to move forward. With life comes change. When change has an impact on court orders, parties must take legal action to seek formal modifications. It is important to know that not every court order is modifiable. There are legal standards that must be met in order to modify certain types of court orders and failure to meet those standards can result in your motions being denied and dismissed.

At The Law Office of Bryce D. Neier, PLLC, in Fayetteville, we offer strong advocacy tempered with sound judgment to help you overcome any emotional barriers between you and your "ex." We want to help you move forward with your life.

Whether you lost your job or need to relocate for your child's best interests, contact us to learn how we can help you modify your court orders. Our founding attorney Bryce Neier will make your legal needs a top priority. He offers daytime, evening, weekend and even holiday appointments to secure your best interests.

Changing Agreements And Court Orders

In family law, the areas that require court order modifications most frequently include child custody and visitation, child support and alimony. To make this happen, you must prove a substantial change in circumstances occurred since the court order was filed with the court. This is referred to as "entry of the court order." Family law attorney Neier has extensive experience pursuing modifications based on a variety of situations, including:

  • A job loss or other significant change in income
  • The evolving needs of a growing child
  • A difference in the needs of a spouse
  • Parental relocation, including military assignment
  • Remarriage
  • Disability
  • Child safety

By consulting with our firm, we can help you understand if you meet the qualifications to seek modifications of court orders. We want you to be left with no surprises. If we are able to pursue a modification, you can be confident knowing we will act aggressively in both your and your child's or children's best interest. We also have extensive experience seeking to defend modification of existing orders. Our experience handling both sides of this area of the law will be used to your advantage.

Contact Us For More Information About Modifications

If you are seeking to modify a custody arrangement or support order, do not settle for just any lawyer. This is a complicated area of the law. When the stakes are high, contact The Law Office of Bryce D. Neier, PLLC, 800-332-2807 for experienced advocacy and legal counsel.