How Do You Protect Yourself And Your Children Against Abuse?

Fayetteville and Fort Bragg residents may have the need to file for an Emergency Order during the divorce process. These orders may be for relief from domestic violence, relief from stalking or for an immediate change in child custody. The Law Office of Bryce D. Neier, PLLC, can advise you on these procedures if this is necessary.

Through an emergency order, either spouse may appear before the judge in what is called ex parte hearing and ask for a temporary modification in child custody. In some cases, a restraining order may be requested, too. Once the Emergency Order is granted, a court date must be set so all parties can present their case to the court. After full hearings, the emergency order may be made permanent, modified or dismissed.

If you or a loved one is in need of an emergency order, contact The Law Office of Bryce D. Neier, PLLC. We can be reached by phone at 800-332-2807, or you can contact us online. We return all calls and emails promptly.

Getting Emergency Orders To Protect Your Child

The court has strict guidelines for issuing Emergency Orders, and should only be requested if imminent danger to your child or children is suspected. You should never fabricate nor embellish your concerns. Any such exaggerations or falsehoods could be used against you in future court proceedings. If it is shown that irreparable harm will occur to the child unless immediate action is taken, the court may issue such orders. Irreparable harm includes threats or past acts of: bodily harm, domestic violence, drug and or alcohol abuse, or any other forms of abuse. It's important you hire a family law attorney early in the process so you have the legal assistance you need when children are involved and unforeseen matters arise.

Emergency Orders And The Military

Helping military families is a huge part of what we do. As a former Army Captain, I understand the day-to-day pressures military families endure. Whether you are military personnel or married to a military service member, I can help you determine what is best for you and your children. As with most military families, you may face unique situations. Many military families are not in their home state. Some are facing deployment or currently deployed. All of these scenarios are key elements that can influence the outcome. Regardless of your situation, your lawyer can help identify what is best for you and your child(ren.)

Contact Our Law Office For Help Stopping Abuse

Seeking legal advice is critical to the welfare of the children. Emergency orders are a very serious matter and process. For legal assistance, call on The Law Office of Bryce D. Neier, PLLC, for help. We can be reached toll free at 800-332-2807 or via email.